With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I can’t help but take some time to catch my breath and think about the crazy whirlwind that this year has been. It seems like 2017 has flashed right before my eyes. Where has the time gone? We’re in the final weeks of November and then it’s December. Before you know it, the clock will strike midnight and it will be New Years. Running SuitableYou has definitely kept me busy this year and I’m extremely grateful for its success.
This has been the most life-changing year of my life, and I can’t help but reflect on how far we’ve come as a company and the 10 life lessons I’ve learned this year.
- Believe in yourself. Trust your gut and your vision! – Don’t let others influence you and talk you out of what you truly believe in. At the end of the day, YOU need to be happy with yourself and your vision.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously – This is something that took me a long time to understand and I am still learning how to laugh at myself.
- Change is a good thing – I had a lot of BIG changes happen this year, not only with SuitableYou but with my personal life too. I turned 30 in August and got married in September. I am not always the best at dealing with big changes, but these were all good ones – embrace the change!
- Forgiveness is key – We all get upset and angry sometimes and might want to hold grudges, but I have learned that life is too short. It’s best to say “I’m sorry” and move on.
- If it doesn’t work the first time keep trying – Don’t give up! Running and managing a startup can be difficult, and sometimes things don’t work out the first time around. As much as I wanted to throw in the towel some days, I knew I had to keep going!
- Pursue your dreams- Life is too short so do what you love. Make time to do things you are passionate about and make you happy. Find time for yourself!
- Listen more- Nobody has all the answers, especially when you are starting your own company. Listening is the key. By listening to other people’s struggles and stories you will learn a lot about yourself.
- If you don’t believe in yourself, nobody will – If you don’t believe in yourself or think you are worthy, then others will see the same. I believe when you put out positive energy into the universe it reciprocates.
- Patience is a virtue – In order for things to happen, we need to have patience. This is coming from a person who has little patience and wants everything done in an instant. SuitableYou has taught me that patience is KEY!
- Embrace the unexpected – This year has been incredible every step of the way. From all of my achievements to my failures. It all happened, and I learned from every single opportunity that I experienced and I am beyond grateful for that.
With every year that passes, I learn new life lessons and continue to grow as a person. I know that that there are more lessons for me to learn especially with running and managing SuitableYou, but I can’t wait! It’s been an amazing experience so far and I can’t wait for what’s to come. The key to it all is to take the time to reflect, learn your lessons and never take anything for granted.