The holiday season is upon us! We spend so much time decorating our houses for the holidays, so why not decorate the workplace too? Decorating your office for the holidays is a quick way to spread festive cheer and brighten everyone’s day. After all, it is where we spend most of our time!
We’ve got 11 ideas for bringing holiday cheer to your 9-to-5:
- Tabletop Tree, Menorah or Kinara. If you have enough space on your desk, this is a great way to display your holiday décor. Just make sure not to light any candles in the office! We wouldn’t want any fire hazards.
- String Lights. Hang these awesome lights throughout the office or even just above your workspace to set the mood.
- Faux Fireplace. This fun architectural detail will without a doubt bring holiday cheer to your office. You can even place LED candles or a basket of wood to complete the look.
- DIY Stockings. Have some team building fun with your coworkers as you decorate your own stockings to hang by the faux fireplace.
- Winter Wonderland. Hang white and silver glittery snowflakes from the ceiling to make it feel like you’re in the middle of a majestic snowfall.
- Holiday Mugs. Enjoy your morning coffee or afternoon tea out of a festive mug – you’ll be sure to spread some holiday joy.
- Change Desktop Background. This is a simple way to adjust the look and feel of your workspace – with everything from a snowy mountain to the tree at Rockefeller Center.
- Display Holiday Cards. This is an awesome way to get to know your coworkers better – everyone loves talking about their children and pets!
- Festive Candy Bowl. Who doesn’t love a yummy treat?! There’s nothing better than a little afternoon sugar rush.
- Chalkboard Countdown. Get everyone in the holiday spirit with a countdown each day.
- Photo Prop Back. Use wrapping paper or a scenic photo to create a festive photo booth. If it doesn’t snow in your area, you can bring the magical winter wonderland to you!
How are you going to decorate your office for the holidays? Let us know in the comment section!
By: Courtney Moed