December means holiday cheer all around us! The end of the year can be tough to focus on your everyday work, but sometimes a little joy in the office can help employees stay motivated. Celebrating the holiday season in the workplace is really helpful when it comes to boosting employee morale and teamwork.
When you think about holidays in the workplace… what do you enjoy the most? We’ve gathered the top 5 things in our office:
- Holiday parties
- Employee potluck
- Employee potlucks are a great way to bring the team together. Everyone makes a special recipe and the group comes together to taste each other’s dishes. Each person can be assigned a different course whether that’s a salad, dip, entrée, dessert, etc.
- Happier people
- The holidays can be a stressful time of year, but it can also be a really positive time of year. Many people tend to be kinder, happier and more relaxed during this time.
- Another way to bring holiday cheer to your everyday life, is to decorate your desk or office for the season.
- Cookie/gift change
- Most of us can admit that we have a sweet tooth, so why not suggest having a cookie exchange in the office? Everyone can make a cookie or dessert recipe and then the group can come together and exchange.
- If sweets aren’t your thing, a White Elephant gift swap might be more appropriate. For this, each employee will purchase a fun/silly gift and randomly each person will choose a gift and swap with each other. It is usually a great way to get some laughs.
- Volunteering as a group to help those less fortunate is an awesome way to come together as an organization. This can help increase confidence as you’re doing for those in your community and it’ll hopefully provide you with a nice sense of accomplishment. It’s also a great bonding time.
We’ve officially entered the holiday season! Comment and let us know your favorite part about the holidays in the workplace.
By: Courtney Moed